22/03/2007

I've got loops for you at my place...

I'm glad we're on the same page with the visual thinking... not that i'm surprised by that.

Aesthetically I'm interested in tension; that between abstraction and figurative forms, accidental composition and carefully ordered layouts, minimal design and complex chaos, patterns and randomness, Vector clarity and smeard paint, colour and grayscale, unfinished yet perfectly planned.

I like to throw myself into the middle of everything i love, draw something quickly and get out of there before it all becomes too much and I'm torn to pieces.

I also like to avoid doing things i've seen too much.

I feel some sense of clarity of the telafonica aesthetic, which I think will evolve organically, but I really like the idea of creating a diciplined approach in order to push an agenda through to a really well developed point.

I cant think of a better technical approach than what we've discussed to take this forwrd. The thing i need to clarify is outcomes. How can this be more than a website and the odd album cover - In order to really build something significant, what are we actually making? Things to sell, exhibit, wear - design services for other ventures??? Frankly my initial gut reaction when I ask myslef this question is... ALL OF IT, EVERYTHING AND ETC AD NAUSEUM!

We have of course my incredible potential for not bringing projects to life... but I have you to help me do that!!! I think this needs some definition... a plan of sorts.

there are other things I need to respond to, but i'm out of lunch time credit.

No comments: