21/05/2007

Trains on rails. Troops on timetables.

Sorry it’s taken me so long to write this post. I actually had a couple of attempts last week which were scrapped because I had nothing interesting to say other than to agree to your questions. Not sure if you got the message through celli… Can we do july JLN?

I agree about the remixing – it makes a lot more sense to trade remixes with people who are interested rather than pay someone who is indifferent. I like your list… I will try to add a couple. If you asked Caribou – why not Four Tet!?

In terms of getting things on track I’m wondering if we need to set some dates down as deadlines. I’m not sure what you’re thinking, but I guess it would be nice to have an idea of when we’re thinking we want to finish recording / do artwork / complete the web stuff / master etc etc. That way we can hold ourselves and each other accountable with specifics rather than just a general feeling of – oh I wish this was done by now!

I got a bit involved with finishing off some freelance stuff in the last week or 2 so the website went on hold – but fear not, it won’t be long. I’ve been pretty much focussed solely on the website stuff and haven’t really thought about the music other than in feedback to you. Sorry you still don’t have those last files. How did you go getting that guitar sound into Listening in for Static?

PS – I should have some initial design stuff for you to look at tonight for JLN flyer and maybe TMN. I was thinking it might be nice to do something for JLN as merch – or just a flyer, something that promotes the event as an on going thing to get people thinking about coming to the next one. Thoughts?

No comments: