06/11/2009

Christmas is near; Ellie wants to fiddle.

I think I've decided, for the Eliza Magill track on Telafonica's soon-to-be-released-and-when-are-we-going-to-find-time-to-finish-it Christmas CD, to do a song with lots of vocal layers, with my voice as the accompaniment and the solo as well - in the tradition of Camille and others I'm sure.

I'm doing Ding Dong Merrily on High, and I have a good idea of all the vocal parts, but with this sort of thing I really need to record as I go and see what works. I myself have no recording thingamy apparatus whatsoever, not even a crappy one, so at the moment I'm just imagining everything in my head, which means it could actually sound terrible when it's put together.

I'm going to need to do a bit of fiddling around. So... (Adrian) can I come over please? Sometime this week?

And have you (Blake) done yours yet?

2 comments:

ajebec said...

we were thinking maybe tomorrow afternoon (sunday) might work. are you free then? if not, any afternoon evening this week is fine but the earlier the better just to make sure that we have time to make it all good.

we also need to rehearse for saturday - blake would prefer wednesday or thursday as he has an essay due on wednesday.

Eliza said...

I'm on church music on Sunday. What if I come over Monday afternoon/evening? I can't do Tuesday night. Wednesday is a good time for band practice for me.